The development process takes place in a series of steps where the product goes through a number of environments before reaching its users. The main environments of development process are:
- Development Environment: Independent code creation.
- Common Build Environment: Code merge to formulate an integrated and complete working system.
- Systems Integration Testing Environment: Testing of basic integration points of a system that links it to the corresponding upstream and downstream systems.
- User Acceptance Testing Product Environment: Comparing the developed system with the original business requirements.
- Product Environment: System deployment to the user site.
Roles Involved In Different Stages of SDLC
A variety of teams are involved in the software development process that plays big and small roles in different stages of the SDLC.
- Requirement Analysis/Planning:
Involved Roles: Project Sponsor, Project Manager, Business Representatives
Involved Roles: Business Analyst, Project Manager, Business Representatives
Involved Roles: Designers, Developers/Coders, Business Analyst, Project Manager
Involved Roles: Testers, Developers, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Business Representatives
Involved Roles: Release Manager, Project Manager, Testers, Developers
Involved Roles: Business Representatives, Project Sponsor, Project Manager