The minimum system requirements or hardware specifications for Windows 10 OS (Operating System) are:
- RAM: 1 GB for 32- bit and 2 GB for 64-bit.
- Processor: Minimum 1 GHz.
- Graphic Card: DirectX 9 onwards with WDDM 1.0 Driver.
- Hard Disk Space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS and 20 GB for 64-bit OS.
- Microphone: Optional (for Cortana Use)
- Display Screen Resolution: Minimum 1024 x 600 pixels.
- Illuminated Infrared Camera + Fingerprint Reader: Optional (for Windows Hello Use).
- The minimum screen resolution of the desktop decides the total number of applications that can be snapped.
- One may need to press the ‘WIN+Power’ key combination to login if the secure logon feature is enabled in their Windows 10 tablet that is enabled by pressing the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ keys together.
- Pick a computer-screen with multi – touch support if you want avail the touch input feature of Windows 10.
- The firmware should have the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in UEFI signature database as well as UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B to use the secure boot feature.
- Select microphone array geometry exposed-hardware driver and high fidelity microphone array to enjoy a better quality of speech recognition experience.
- If you want to use the high security two factor authentication feature then you will need either a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, PIN or Biometric devices (illuminated IR camera, fingerprint reader, etc.)
- 2-in-1 devices with GPIO indicators, tablets and devices coupled with slate indicator and laptop will enjoy the automatic activation of Tablet mode or Continuum. Other devices might need manual activation of this feature.